Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Prophecy by C. David Belt

Title:

The Prophecy

Author:

C. David Belt

Series:

The Children of Lilith, (Book Three)

Genre:

Vampire, Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, LDS, Christian, Urban Fantasy



In all the 6,000 years that the Children of Lilith have walked among us, there has never been an unwilling vampire...until now.





Book Description

An ancient prophecy, spoken by Adam, Lilith's grandfather, foretells her doom. She will do anything, corrupt any innocent, murder countless mortals to save herself.

To survive, she knows she must destroy Carl and Moira Morgan.

The war has begun.

And Carl and Moira know, win or lose, it all ends here.

Excerpt from The Prophecy

“‘Sons of God! Brood of Light-Bearer who fell!’ That is how I would render the first half.”

The message is in plain text. The email address looks like a random mix of letters and numbers, and the email provider is one that supports anonymous accounts.

I’ve been collaborating with colleagues across the country and in the U.K., Israel, and Egypt for more than a week. We’ve been trying to decipher the twenty-four syllables of Adamic (at least I assume it’s Adamic) that Lilith uttered at the battle at the farm. My colleagues are experts in Hebrew, Arabic, Egyptian, Greek, and Latin. We’ve been exchanging emails ever since I asked for their help.

Of course, I’ve told them I’m not at liberty to reveal the source just yet, but I’m certain it’s a language that predated all others, a protolanguage. In the beginning, some refused to collaborate on the project because I wouldn’t reveal my source, because I was being cryptic. But eventually, most couldn’t resist the lure of the puzzle. That’s something we all share in common, my colleagues and I: we can’t resist the potential, the lure of hidden knowledge.

And of course, I can’t tell my academic friends that the source is a native speaker. I also can’t tell them that the text is an outburst from a six-thousand-year-old vampire after she’d been impaled by the very spear that once pierced Christ’s side, a spear being wielded by a former Nazi assassin who is now a repentant vampire.

In other words, I can’t betray my friends.

Interested? Well what are you waiting for? Pick up a copy today and start your adventure!

as an eBook on Kindle
as an eBook on NOOK
as an eBook on Smashwords
as an eBook on  iTunes
Paperback and Hardcover: Coming May, 2014

If you would like to follow this author, we've got you covered! Here's all their little hiding spots. :)

Belt's Facebook
Belt's Website
Belt's Twitter
Belt's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!
Subscribe if you love fantasy books!